Monday, November 15, 2010

August-ish




It's been a fast pace lately...
We got a puggle and named her Emilia in August. She's definitely been an adventure; she's so much fun and a lot of work. Fall Semester started and Daniel and I have both been working and keeping up with school work. I had a doctors appt to find out what was going on with my knee. Over the summer, I ran 4 miles on the treadmill without running for awhile, and for the next two weeks after that I was limping around because it hurt so bad. (This was right before we left for Florida) I was hoping I hadn't pulled or torn anything that wouldn't require surgery. The x-rays came back fine, and the doctor did some tests. I guess I have weak hips... and it's not that uncommon in women. I've been active all my life playing soccer and other sports that I didn't realize all the muscle I've lost over the last few years. He gave me some strength building exercises that would help take the pressure off my knees. Also in August, Daniel's parents and two of his brothers came to visit us and ran the Mountain Ave 1 mile. It was fun to have everyone come to Fort Collins for a few days and see our place.

No comments:

Post a Comment